ABOUT RDA GREEN KARST
RRA Zeleni kras, d.o.o. (RDA Green Karst, Ltd) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2000 which functions as a regional development agency in accordance with the Promotion of Balanced Regional Development Act in the area of the municipalities of Bloke, Cerknica, Loška dolina, Ilirska Bistrica, Pivka and Postojna.
We represent an operational structure offering organisational, technical and professional support to the development of the region with the following services:
- project preparation, execution and supervision,
- training the public and private sector for a successful absorption of national and European funds,
- coordination between all responsible subjects for regional development,
- consulting and education,
- communication and promotion of the region.
RDA Green Karst’s operations are project-based and the company also secures funds for its operation on the market. Three organisational units are set up as part of RDA Green Karst:
- Destination Management Organisation Postojna Cave-Green Karst (DMO)
- Centre for Innovation and Development (CID)
- LAS Notranjska (Local Action Group Notranjska)
RDA Green Karst performs the following tasks:
- performs services connected with the preparation and execution of projects and regional structural politics;
- accelerates local and regional development in the economic, social, spatial and environmental fields;
- conducts consultations and accelerates the development of small businesses;
- manages a scholarship scheme for the Primorsko-notranjska Region;
- conducts consultations in the field of innovation and technological development;
- prepares, coordinates and supervises the execution of the regional development programme;
- conducts training programmes;
- conducts other activities for regional development.
RDA also conducts other business services.
As a coordinator of regional interests on a local and national level, RDA represents a permanent partner in a dialogue between ministries, government organisations, municipalities, companies and other national and regional institutions. It operated several times as a partner in international projects (e.g. as part of the INTERREG III A, INTERREG III B and MEDITERAN programmes), where it also held the role of leading partner. As a regional institution, which among others also promotes the principles of sustainable development, it is focused on the promotion and implementation of transnational and interregional projects as well as cross-border cooperation projects, with special emphasis on environmental protection.